If you have an online account, follow this link and log in with your username and password for information on moving. This article and videos offers a thorough explanation of how the process works.
If our satellite covers the area you’re moving to, you’ll need to give us a call to take your Viasat service with you.
Here’s how to do it:
- About a week before your move, call either Customer Care (855-463-9333) or your Viasat dealer to check availability and set up a contract for your new location.
- We’ll help you choose the plan that best suits your needs from among the available options. Sometimes, that may require an upgrade to a different plan.
- You’ll also be asked to sign a new, 24-month contract. Even if you initially signed up for service with no long-term contract, you will need to either sign a new, 24-month contract or pay a new $300 upfront fee.
- If there’s a balance on the account for the address you’re leaving, we’ll ask you to pay that in full, and then start fresh with your new location.
- Pack up the satellite TRIA (outside on the dish), modem, and AC cord we gave you during the original installation and mail it back to us in the box we provide.
- We’ll connect you to our Move Team, who will arrange with you a good time to come to your location, connect the new modem, install a satellite dish and finish the set-up.
- Your monthly bill may go up, down or stay the same – depending on the plan you choose and what’s available in your new location.
If you need to cancel your Viasat service, please call Customer Care at 855-463-9333. Service cannot be canceled online.
Here's a short video detailing our move process:
Here's a visual guide of what you need to do to get your equipment back to us for your move: